Sugar free cookies! Completely calorie free! OK so they're not exactly edible but you can't have everything.
A printable version of this pattern is available.
You will need:
- brown yarn in two shades (double knit)
- 4 x double ended needles (3mm)
- tapestry needle
(A list of abbreviations is available.)
Cast on 4 stitches, divide between three needles and join into the round.
- Round 1: kfb x 4 (8)
- Round 2: kfb x 4, k4 (12)
- Round 3: k8, kfb x 4 (16)
- Round 4: k2, kfb x 4, k10 (20)
- Round 5: k10, kfb x 4, k6 (24)
- Round 6: k6, kfb x 4, k14 (28)
- Round 7: k22, kfb x 4, k2 (32)
- Round 8: k12, kfb x 4, k16 (36)
- Round 9: k2, kfb x 4, k30 (40)
- Rounds 10 & 11: k –
- Round 12: [p2tog, p3] x 8 (32)
- Round 13: p –
- Round 14: [p2, p2tog] x 8 (24)
- Round 15: p –
- Round 16: [p2tog, p1] x 8 (16)
- Round 17: p –
Make sure the cookie is turned inside out before the final rows. The part you are working on now is the base and should show as right side stocking stitch.
- Round 18: p2tog x 4 (8)
- Round 19: p –
Thread yarn through remaining stitches and pull tight.
Flatten the cookie and tack the top and base together, through the centre, to keep it flat. Use yarn in a contrasting colour to embroider chocolate chips on the top part of the cookie. Use a few overlapping stitches for each one and don't worry about being too neat or uniform.
As with most ODDknit patterns the yarn and needle sizes in the "you will need" section are just a guide. Feel free to improvise with whatever needles and yarn you have lying around - that's half the fun!
© 2015 All desgins and images are copyright of ODDknit.