Tellins are small and delicate shells that are found down on the sandy part of the beach. I remember them as being all the colours of the rainbow but according to google they're usually pink.
A printable version of this pattern is available.
You will need:
- scraps of pink 4ply yarn in 3 shades
- knitting needles (2.75mm)
- tapestry needle
(A list of abbreviations is available.)
Tightly cast on 14 stitches, either by pulling on the yarn as you knit or by using needles a size down. Work the following using 3 different shades of yarn, changing colours at the end of every row.
- Row 1: sl1, kfb, k2, k2tog, k3, k2tog, k1, kfb, k1 (14)
- Row 2: sl1, p13
- Row 3: sl1, k4, k2tog, k1, k2tog, k4 (12)
- Row 4: sl1, pfb, p7, pfb, p2 (14)
- Row 5: sl1, k3, k2tog, k3, k2tog, k3 (12)
- Row 6: sl1, p13
- Row 7: sl1, k3, k2tog, k1, k2tog, k3 (10)
- Row 8: sl1, p2tog, p5, p2tog (8)
- Row 9: sl1, k1, k2tog, k1, k2tog, k1 (6)
- Row 10: sl1, p2tog, p1, p2tog (4)
Thread yarn through remaining stitches and pull tight.
Hide the yarn ends by weaving them around the edges of the shell.
As with most ODDknit patterns the yarn and needle sizes in the "you will need" section are just a guide. Feel free to improvise with whatever needles and yarn you have lying around - that's half the fun!
© 2014 All desgins and images are copyright of ODDknit.